Welcome to LMSC: the Legislation Monitoring Service for Charities, Voluntary Organisations and their Advisers
View our free trial offer
What do we do? We provide subscribers with an up-to-date information service on the latest relevant legislative and policy initiatives of interest to the voluntary sector.
Why do we do it? The service was founded 30 years ago in the belief that the most effective way of influencing policy is to make representations at the formative stage, before irrevocable decisions have been taken.
How do we do it? We monitor Government publications, Hansard, the latest law reports, breaking news and anything else that will help to keep charities up to date on relevant developments. We watch for legislation or changes in policy on the part of governmental or other organisations (including the EU and the devolved institutions) that may affect charities. Issues covered include charity law, political developments, tax law, company law, developments in government policy and social affairs.
What do you get?
- Access to our website, which is updated several times each week with
articles about what is happening as it is happening
- and wherever possible, we aim to present complex issues in a succinct,
easy to read format, breaking down legal jargon.
- A weekly alert direct to your in-box listing the articles added in the last seven days.
- A monthly round-up of everything added in the previous month.
What do you not get?
- Reams of paper.
- Government spin
- Forty-two page judgments from the European Court of Justice.
Interested in subscribing?
Would you like to know more? See the sample reports.